Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: If you knew then what you know now.....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...how would you organise your collection?

    Would you buy just one historical and all her accessories or would you buy one of each historical and just one outfit for them each?

    I'm about to head over to AG to find out which option is cheaper.

    Juliette

  2. #2
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It would be a hard decision! I would probably choose each historical with 1 outfit, rather than just 1 with all her outfits....

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would get all the POC girls, if I could. right now, I am doing one Historical. I might, MIGHT get Josephina, and I would love GT26 to be Harriet to Addy.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What does POC mean?

    I just worked out based on Kit, that if I got EVERYTHING Kit owns (no books) it would come to just over $1000 (sheesh!) and if I got one of each historicals and one outfit (around $22) it would come to only about $100 more than that. That definately seems like the better way to go since I think it would hold it's value better and be more fun.

    Juliette

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Juliette:
    What does POC mean?

    I just worked out based on Kit, that if I got EVERYTHING Kit owns (no books) it would come to just over $1000 (sheesh!) and if I got one of each historicals and one outfit (around $22) it would come to only about $100 more than that. That definately seems like the better way to go since I think it would hold it's value better and be more fun.

    Juliette
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, I'm sorry. It's a term I use elsewhere. It's short for Person (or People) of Color--many POC prefer that to "minority". So the POC historicals would be Josephina, Kaya, and Addy.

    I'd rather have just one with all her accesories. Matter of fact, that's my goal with Addy.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for clearing that up for me Nethilia.

    Juliette

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If I had to do it all over again I think I would do just one historical and work on her entire collection. Perhaps half way through that I would get a friend for her. I am feeling a bit of AG overload which may explain my current thought process.

    I do remember when my son was 7-10 years old that most of the girls we knew at the time had just one doll (historical) and they seemed to focus on that doll's collection. Hardly anyone had a second doll or an AGT. This would have been the 1996-99 time frame. It seems that with my daughter's generation (she's 10) the girls have more dolls but less of their collection.

    I'm not sure how to advise you, Juliette, because it's so difficult for you to get AG items. How about half of the historicals with a bit more for each of them?

  8. #8
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    I'd probably get each historical and one outfit. Then later on I would get more outfits and accessories for them.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it's different for each person, and it sounds like you really like displaying the dolls, so you'd end up still wanting (and buying) the dolls, even if you bought the whole collection!

    Just so you know, I think that there is discount (either online or in store, even), if you buy the whole collection, so it's something you should ask about.

    I am really focusing on Kit's collection for dd, but find myself wanting the dolls as I learn more and more about them.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would get just the dolls I liked most, and the 2 or 3 of my favorite outfits for each of them...

    Hey! That's what I'm doing now...! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •